Power Outage during Storms
Have you suffered a power outage?
Outages in your home can be caused by a storm, floods, or even fires. The storms are headed this way as summer turns to fall. Keep your family safe during these changing seasons. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Keep your family safe by following these tips from our friends at the American Red Cross:
Staying Safe Indoors
- Use flash lights in the dark, not candles.
- Eliminate unnecessary travel, especially by car. Traffic lights will be out and roads will be congested.
- If you are using a generator be sure you understand the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning and how to use generators safely.
- If you know a storm is coming have shoes close by so you are not stepping on anything that could harm you (i.e. glass, debris, other items that could have caused storm damage in your home)
- Battery operated devices: to keep you up to date on outages and storm warnings.
Keep these tips on the top of your mind so you and your family are safe during the next power outage.
Water Damage: A Customer Story
Trust SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties occur in your home.
Our team responded to a customer recently who had two back to back water damages.
The water damages occurred in her upstairs bathroom. She had two showers overflow because the people using them did not have the shower curtain properly administered.
That's right --water damage can occur when even the tiniest amount of water drained through their ceiling.
Water damages can occur to anyone, even when it's a small amount. If it runs for a certain amount of time, it can create a water damage.
We were at this customer's house within a few hours to get her a free estimate and help her with her water damages.
She was pleased that we were able to restore her upstairs bathroom and ceiling downstairs. Trust SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties occur in your home.
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties
Trust our customers opinion of SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties.
Trust your local specialists.
Residents of Prestonsburg, Pikeville, Inez, and surrounding areas: we are a local company that can get to you faster during any size disaster.
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties is certified and extensively trained in smoke and soot damage clean-up. We know that not all fire damage can take down a whole structure. We are concerned with getting you our help for cleaning the smoke and soot damage left behind. When you have beloved items in your home or business that are covered in that smoke smell --you want it cleaned.
When smoke damage occurs it can feel like the smell and odors will never leave. That's why you leave it in the hands of a trusted professional.
Call SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, and Knott Counties today at 606-886-3826.
Water Damage Technicians Needed!
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties is hiring! We are looking for hardworking individuals who posses the following:
- Inventory and load the van with equipment, products, and supplies needed for jobs.
- Set up staging area and equipment for each job.
- Prepare rooms for cleaning processes.
- Show respect for customer’s home/property.
- Clean and disinfect equipment regularly.
- Inspect equipment for damage.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly vehicle maintenance checklists and equipment maintenance checklists, as assigned.
- Comply with safety policies as outlined in the SERVPRO® Safety Manual.
- Utilize cleaning products, mechanical equipment, and personal protective equipment properly.
- Team members should take ownership of their job responsibilities. Identifying ways to be more efficient is also an important part of this position.
If you or someone you know would be interested in this postion, please apply online at this web address:
Fire Damage Restoration --we are Here to Help!
Often times when we think of fire damage, the images that first come to mind are of burning roofs, buildings, or the remnants of a house left behind. But what about the contents inside?
Those sentimental items passed down from generation to generation or even the everyday items in our homes we take for granted. At SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties, contents restoration is something we pride ourselves on. We are able to provide inventory services, packing services, temporary storage in a climate controlled building with insurance coverage, as well as cleaning and deodorizing.
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties is also able to provide in-house laundry and soft contents restoration. We are able to work with our clients to restore wood items, electronics, appliances, art, documents and books and can even assist with saving old home videos. If you are affected by fire or soot, call us at SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties for all of your content needs.
Storms Happen, Be Prepared
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties has been involved in emergency storm assistance for many years now and during that time has actively worked with local insurance companies and emergency management teams to assist people in extremely difficult and dangerous situations. It is important to be reminded of some basic safety tips in order to stay prepared and alert during our ever changing weather patterns.
From the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management:
Before a thunderstorm arrives, know the key warning signs: dark clouds, lightening, and thunder
Get informed with a weather radio or by watching the news
Have an emergency kit on hand that includes flashlights, battery operated weather radio, first aid kit, food and water, and essential medicines
Stay inside and sheltered. If outside, move indoors or into a vehicle. Get out of water immediately. If trapped outside, make yourself as small as possible in a low lying area
Make sure to wait at least 30 minutes after the storm has passed before going outside
As a trusted leader in emergency response for our area, SERVPRO of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties is committed to helping our community be prepared for weather emergencies. As a 24 hour emergency response partner, SERVPRO is dedicated to providing immediate and professional services to you and your family should the need arise during this severe weather season.
Water Damage Preparedness
When water damage occurs the only way to know that you got rid of the water damage, and that one way is to hire a professional company. We have trained technicians with background checks, we have industry standard pricing, and we are there to help in your time of need. Professional companies will do the following:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Use professional drying equipment.
Our certified trained technicians know how to get the water out while using the best methods to prevent more damage. Call in your local SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties to help you when you cannot get the water out of your home.
Storms-- Emergency Preparedness
Tornadoes and storms are the leaders in significant damage every year. When storm damage occurs, most of us are not ready, here are a few tips to keep your family safe during storm season:
- Keep the gas level in your car above 1/4 of a tank.
- Record the dosages and names of medications you take and keep in a grab and go place, such as in your purse.
- Keep your purse or wallet in an easy to get to place
- Test the batteries in your flash lights monthly like you do your batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Keep all emergency information in a safe place
- Have your insurance companies contact information saved in your cell phone including policy number and agents name.
- Keep electronics/phones charged at least above 20% so incase the power goes out you have a way of communication
No one wants to see a storm head their way, but using these tips to keep your family safe will make it a little smoother to endure when the time comes to your area.
Here's Why There is No Such Thing as a Small Fire
We know it sounds scary. A fire in one small area of you home can bring damages to every single surface throughout your entire home.
We want to stress that there is no such thing as a small fire. It does not matter the size of the fire --every single thing smoke can touch can be damaged. The fire may not spread, but the smoke damage will. There are cases of smoke damage where the smoke odor has lasted for years.
We want to make sure before you bring more damage to your home that you call the professionals to help. We have worked for over ten years in the smoke damage profession.
We want to take care of your beloved items, because a loss to you, is a loss to us.
We Have Your Prescription for Water Damage
Medical Facilities need our services.
Unexpected office closings can leave health-care providers and their patients in bad situations. When recovery of your building is pertinent to the recovery of your patients --know who to call.
We have over 1,500 franchises nationwide, we've been serving American since 1967, we are trusted by hundreds of insurance companies, we are a nationwide disaster recovery team, and we are a 24 hour emergency response service.
The Emergency Response Service is the real plus for the healthcare industry. Emergencies do not wait fo business hours and the medical professionals know that better than anyone.
Your local SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties franchise is here to help with your medical facility has an emergency situation that needs some cleaning up.