Does Insurance Cover That?
What happens when you have an emergency water or fire damage, with no insurance claim or a too high deductible, to pay for it?
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties offers financing. We have a financing program to help you out in your time of need.
We know that your deductible could be high, your insurance might not cover this claim, or you could want to keep your rates down and not file a claim at all.
Now is the time to call us!
We have this option available because we know our customers need us and emergencies do not wait for finances to be perfect. The longer a water damage sits, the worse the damage. We want you to be able to act fast. We know that when disaster strikes it may not fit your timeline to wait on money from somewhere else. That's why we want to put our customers first and give them a variety of options for payment.
We are here to help! We have partnered with Blue Sky to help you and financial needs. Call our offices today to get more information on our financing options.
Burst Pipe in your home --what do you do now?
It's almost that time of the year again when burst pipes are happening more frequently.
It's always good to be prepared should this happen to you:
- Shut off the main water valve immediately- This step is critical, as it stops the flooding at its source. Make sure you know where your main water shut off valve is. Pro tip: try tagging the shut off valve so it is easy to spot. You can even call SERVPRO for an Emergency Readiness Plan for your business.
- Turn off the electric supply- This only applies if the main electrical is not wet. Never touch the electric if you are not sure, call an electrician instead. Do not turn on any TV’s or ceiling fixtures.
- Call a professional to begin mitigation right away- Time is key when it comes to water damage and restoring personal items. You can create a barrier between wet carpet and furniture with aluminum foil.
- Remove undamaged items from the affected area- To prevent further damage to removable items, take them out of the affected area and allow them to begin drying.
If you needs restoration services after your burst pipes and water damage, call SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties today.
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties is hiring! We are looking for hardworking individuals who posses the following:
- Inventory and load the van with equipment, products, and supplies needed for jobs.
- Set up staging area and equipment for each job.
- Prepare rooms for cleaning processes.
- Show respect for customer’s home/property.
- Clean and disinfect equipment regularly.
- Inspect equipment for damage.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly vehicle maintenance checklists and equipment maintenance checklists, as assigned.
- Comply with safety policies as outlined in the SERVPRO® Safety Manual.
- Utilize cleaning products, mechanical equipment, and personal protective equipment properly.
- Team members should take ownership of their job responsibilities. Identifying ways to be more efficient is also an important part of this position.
If you or someone you know would be interested in this postion, please apply online at this web address:
Why SERVPRO? Training
When you have a water or fire damage emergency you want a professional to come to your home.
That's why you called SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties.
Our team has a variety of training and skills to make your emergency have an effective and efficient cleanup process.
Our technicians are Water Damage Restoration (WRT) certified, ECTP training certified (Water, Fire, Carpet & Upholstery, and Crew), and on the job training certified as well. Our technicians work side by side with these skill sets to bring you the best of the best.
We have a training program in place for our technicians to learn more each day. We have corporate training's in other states so they can bring back the highest knowledge of water and fire damage restoration from the top in the industry.
The Crew training that is taught in office teaches our technicians how to treat customers not only one on one but how to be respectful and trustworthy in their homes.
We require drug screenings and background checks of all of our employees as part of the SERVPRO standard. We only train the best to trust with your home and beloved items.
Our technicians are here to help when you have a water or fire damage emergency.
SERVPRO is here to help with your water damage!
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties has water damage restoration trained technicians who know how to help you with your water damage.
Until we get there, here are some helpful tips on what to do, keep reading!
Water damage requires a professional to make sure you steer clear of possible mold damage. SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties have Water Damage Restoration certified trained technicians to take care of your water damage. Here are some techniques you can use to make the process easier before we arrive:
- Use wooden clothespins to hang up clothes, stuffed animals, and photographs that may have been impacted.
- Make sure that furs and leather items dry separately and at room temperature.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture and wet carpet.
- Remove upholstery and cushions for drying.
- Remove any excess water by mopping or blotting until we arrive.
Residents of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties --SERVPRO is ready for any size disaster. If your basement floods, call us at 606-886-3826.
It's time for KSPMA
Here at SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties we value our educational facilities. One of our favorite events of the year is the Kentucky School Plant Management Association (KSPMA).
This event has over 300 attendees and over 21 breakout sessions, not to mention the hundreds of vendors. We are the only restoration company to attend and we value the time we spend with the best of the best in facilities and education.
This year SERVPRO has partnered with another SERVPRO to bring you games, prizes, and lots of SERVPRO merch. We have spent the last two days teaching all of the superintendents, facilities directors, and other educational staff about what we can help with when it comes to minor and major disasters in the restoration field.
We want our schools to know that if they have a water or fire damages, along with other cleaning needs --we are here to help!
Commercial Kitchen's --where do you fit in?
It's true that when you think of SERVPRO, you think of residential jobs or water/fire damage only, but that is not the types of restoration we do.
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties does much more. We have a variety of facilities that need floor to ceiling cleaning, carpet cleaning, HVAC system cleaning, and we are there to help with any water or fire damage should it occur.
Below are a list of facilities that we have tended to in the past:
Types of Facilities:
- Food Manufacturing Facilities
- Food Distribution Centers
- Fast Food Restuarants
- Senior Living Facility Kitchens
- Educational Cafeterias
If you need service --call SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, and Knott Counties today. We are here to help make your restoration needs "Like it never even happened."
It's Space Heater Season
It is that time of year when fall leaves turn to snowflakes and you need to bring that space heater out of the closet.
It does not matter which type of space heater you use but, follow these safety tips from the NFPA to reduce the chances of fires and injury:
- Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from a space heater.
- Have a three-foot zone around space heaters for children and never use a space heater in a child's bedroom.
- Run power cords on top of carpet and step over them to avoid abrading the cord. Do not use extension cords.
- Turn off space heaters when going to bed or leaving a room.
- Do not use a space heater in a damp or wet area unless it's specifically made for that purpose.
- Turn space heaters off before leaving the room or going to bed.
Follow these tips to stay safe this winter!
Tips to Stay Safe During Halloween
Halloween is just around the corner. We deal with fire damages every day, but we do not want you to have to. There are many factors that contribute to emergencies during Halloween, but there are ways to prevent them.
Here are some simple tips to keep you and your family safe during this spooky season:
- Keep decorations far away from open flames.
- Try a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o'-lanterns.
- Use flashlights as alternatives to candles or torch lights when decorating walkways and yards.
- Choose costumes that don't require long-trailing fabric.
- Talk to your children and remind them to stay away from open flames, including jack-o'-lanterns with candles inside.
We hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!
Commercial Services --SERVPRO is here to help!
SERVPRO is often known for it's ability to handle fire and water damages. We deal with those on an almost daily basis.
Did you know?
SERVPRO® of Pike, Floyd, & Knott Counties also does commercial cleanings. We know that keeping a business up and running is no easy feat. You are busy dealing with the ins and outs of a business, so we want to help! Let SERVPRO take your mind off of one part of your ever growing to-do list.
Let SERVPRO do the "yucky" stuff that no one on your staff wants to deal with. We do office cleaning, post-construction cleaning, sanitary cleanings, mold cleanings --and of course, water and fire damage cleanup.
SERVPRO is a professional restoration company who is here to help.