Power Outage during Storms
Have you suffered a power outage?
Outages in your home can be caused by a storm, floods, or even fires. The storms are headed this way as summer turns to fall. Keep your family safe during these changing seasons. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Keep your family safe by following these tips from our friends at the American Red Cross:
Staying Safe Indoors
- Use flash lights in the dark, not candles.
- Eliminate unnecessary travel, especially by car. Traffic lights will be out and roads will be congested.
- If you are using a generator be sure you understand the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning and how to use generators safely.
- If you know a storm is coming have shoes close by so you are not stepping on anything that could harm you (i.e. glass, debris, other items that could have caused storm damage in your home)
- Battery operated devices: to keep you up to date on outages and storm warnings.
Keep these tips on the top of your mind so you and your family are safe during the next power outage.