Storms-- Emergency Preparedness
Tornadoes and storms are the leaders in significant damage every year. When storm damage occurs, most of us are not ready, here are a few tips to keep your family safe during storm season:
- Keep the gas level in your car above 1/4 of a tank.
- Record the dosages and names of medications you take and keep in a grab and go place, such as in your purse.
- Keep your purse or wallet in an easy to get to place
- Test the batteries in your flash lights monthly like you do your batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Keep all emergency information in a safe place
- Have your insurance companies contact information saved in your cell phone including policy number and agents name.
- Keep electronics/phones charged at least above 20% so incase the power goes out you have a way of communication
No one wants to see a storm head their way, but using these tips to keep your family safe will make it a little smoother to endure when the time comes to your area.